Subject: Re: Continuing MV3300 funzies --- dead ethernet card?
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/25/2000 08:09:05
Actually the ethernet on the KA640 is on the CPU card (there is no ethernet
card) however having just this problem I was told (and pass on to you) that
the switch on the CPU bulkhead gets dirty and this screws up the ethernet
stuff.

Carefully take apart the bulkhead (some screws on the back and a retaining
bolt around the BNC connector) and clean out the switch using contact
cleaner or your favorite solvent. Dry it off, reassemble, and try again. It
worked for me!

--Chuck