Subject: Re: Problem NetBooting a VAXstation 2000
To: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/20/2000 15:26:11
Hi!

> Does the file server.wes.mee.com:/export/vs2000/root/sbin/init exist on
> your fileserver (i.e. have you untarred all the binary sets under the
> /export/vs2000/root directory on your FreeBSD fileserver?)  You might also
> check that it's permissions and mode are set correctly.

Hmm:
[frederik@server frederik]$ ls -l /export/vs2000/root/sbin/init
-r-xr--r--  1 root  wheel  151552 Mar 23 13:59 /export/vs2000/root/sbin/init

It looks good, doesn't it?

> Also, you might want to make sure that the FreeBSD box is exporting that
> directory with full NFS r/w access to your VS2000.  I'm not sure that not
> having that setup would cause the error you're seeing, but it will become
> a problem later in the boot process.

It is fuly NFS r/w exported, so that can't be the problem either.

--
Best Regards,
	Freddy

Frederik Meerwaldt  ICQ: 83045387  Homepage: http://www.freddym.org
 Bavaria/Germany              OpenVMS and Unix Howtos and much more
   FREEBSD, NETBSD, OPENBSD, TRU64, OPENVMS, ULTRIX, BEOS, LINUX