Subject: Re: Found a VAXtoy today MicroVAX 3300 BA215 tower
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/08/2000 13:26:23
> At 12:47 PM 9/8/00 -0400, NetBSD Bob wrote:
> >Which versions?  Are there any drive controller problems?  One fellow
> >suggested it was DSSI and that NetBSD did not support that yet.
>
> With an external Ethernet card, all versions, using the on-board ethernet
> 1.4.1 or later and nothing uses the on board DSSI controller yet.

Oh, oh, since I don't have any other HD boards around, it could be a white
elephant.

I saw an email that Ultrix 3.1 would run up on it?  Is that true?
I may have 4.2 tapes around if that does.

> >I saw a funny HD36 pin (it looked smaller than HD50) off on the
> >far left side of the backplane.  Anyone know what that is for?
> >Expansion of some sort, maybe?
>
> On the backplane? There is a handa HD50 connector that is the expansion for
> the DSSI bus that comes out on the left, there should be a DSSI terminator
> on it.

It might have been 50 pin, but it looked smaller than that.  Does it
take the usual scsi terminator as found on the VS and DS boxes or does
it take something strange.  I don't have it if it is strange.

Bob