Subject: Re: Found a VAXtoy today MicroVAX 3300 BA215 tower
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/08/2000 10:03:42
At 12:47 PM 9/8/00 -0400, NetBSD Bob wrote:
>Which versions?  Are there any drive controller problems?  One fellow
>suggested it was DSSI and that NetBSD did not support that yet.

With an external Ethernet card, all versions, using the on-board ethernet
1.4.1 or later and nothing uses the on board DSSI controller yet.

>If it does, great!  If possible, I would like to boot from the
>TK50 and maybe also install from that, although I could install
>off the ethernet, too.

Install from the net, _much_ easier.

>I saw a funny HD36 pin (it looked smaller than HD50) off on the
>far left side of the backplane.  Anyone know what that is for?
>Expansion of some sort, maybe?

On the backplane? There is a handa HD50 connector that is the expansion for
the DSSI bus that comes out on the left, there should be a DSSI terminator
on it.

--Chuck