Subject: Re: VAXstation 3100/38 help
To: markus <markus@ent.net>
From: Sean Cavanaugh <seanc@cginfo.sk.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 09/05/2000 01:42:25
On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, markus wrote:

> Make sure you have the S3 switch down and you have your terminal set to some
> sort of  VT100 type thing and 9600,8,n,1 At boot it should state the cpu
> type and some information regarding the status of the tests. In all
> likelyhood the problem is with your terminal's settings, but hey you might
> have a borked port who knows.

According to vaxarchive, the switch should be up, which it is, but it
doesn't work even when the switch is down.  The box is connected to a
VT320, which works (I have tried a known good VT from my
MicroVAX). Nothing is diaplayed on the VT.  This box worked ok as recently
as 2 or 3 months ago, so I hope nothing got fried.

> VaxStation 3100 info can be found at:
> http://www.vaxarchive.org/hw/vs3100/
> An owner's guide to the Vaxstation 3100 M76 can be found at:
> http://www.whiteice.com/~williamwebb/intro/DOC-i.html
> hope this helps some.

No info on the LEDs there... Seems DEC didn't want people to know what
they meant. THanks for the link to the manual though. Hadn't run across
that one.

   Sean Cavanaugh - seanc@cginfo.sk.ca - http://www.seancavanaugh.com
-= If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate =-