Subject: cannot install emacs
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/29/2000 23:55:31
Hi,

I recently got a VaxStation 4000/60 and successfully installed NetBSD on
it.
I also upgraded to -current and a make build went through fine (after
commenting
out that "pmap enter onto myself" panic).

Now I wanted to install emacs (from pgksrc) and the installation
always aborts when the temacs exe wants to load all packages and
dump itself.

--------------
gmake[1]: *** [emacs] Illegal instruction (core dumped)
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/net/scharfzahn/pkgsrc-cvs/netbsd-pkgsrc/editors/emacs/work.vax/emacs-20.7
/src'
gmake: *** [src] Error 2
*** Error code 2
--------------

NetBSD version is 1.5E
and dmesg tells the following

> VAXstation 4000/60
> cpu: KA46
> cpu: turning on floating point chip

Maybe I forgot to enable something in the kernel config file?
(config file available on request)

thanks for your help

regards,
chris