Subject: Re: NetBSD on a VAX 4000-700A
To: Matthias Bhend <matthias.bhend@bluewin.ch>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 08/10/2000 07:09:46
Hi !

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, Matthias Bhend wrote:
> I'm a beginner and I don't know whether NETBSD runs on a
> VAX 4000-700A or not ? A friend told me that there aren't many differences between
> a VAX 4000-300 and a 700A . Does It work ? Can you explain?
> Thanks !!!!

I think there are. The 700 is one of the fastest VAXen, and it currently is not
supported by NetBSD. It is compareable to the 4000/105A or the 4000/500, and
both are currently making trouble. As soon as those ports run, your 700 will
be no problem.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.