Subject: Re: bug in libm.a
To: Mikhail Ossipenko <cyber_nus@hotmail.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/27/2000 09:19:31
At 03:32 PM 7/27/2000 +0000, Mikhail Ossipenko wrote:
>Hi,
>After I have installed netBSD1.4Y on VAX4000/60.
>I found than an example I write below crashes.
>I suspect a bug in a standard libm.a.

Actually that isn't the problem.  This is actually
two bugs.  The first is that until very recently,
the instruction emulation code was being built for
anything but uVAX IIs.  The second (which hasn't been
fixed) is that the POLYD instruction is not emulated
and so causes programs to die.  Guess what -lm uses?