Subject: Re: TK50 trouble
To: Stefan Anders <sanders@myokay.net>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/24/2000 22:29:01
Hi !

On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Stefan Anders wrote:
> The TK50 in my MicroVAX II choked at the last
> tape I tried to write:
> It seemed that a part of the tape sticked in the
> drive. After removing it as careful as possible
> (some force was necessary ...)
> the drive makes some unusual scratching sounds,
> and the red light flashed. I can not pull the handle.
>
> Is there any way to reanimate it?

Hmm. Power it off and on, and try to get the handle pulled then. If not, you
need a screwdriver, take the drive apart, remove everything, which doesn't
belong to the drive, and try again.

...Michael

--
 Michael@unixiron.org, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.bsdfans.org
 I'm using: [solaris] [hp-ux] [irix] [freebsd] [netbsd] [openbsd] [linux]