Subject: Re: Q-bus slot 13?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: David Evans <dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/24/2000 15:08:34
On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 02:58:28PM -0400, der Mouse wrote:

> But those controllers connect to a breakout board which is placed
> outside the usual Q-bus enclosure, in a slot marked "13".  And it's not
> just for physical mounting; there are a few etch runs to the card edge,
> and some active components on the board.

  That board adapts the "normal" ST-506 connections for the disks/floppies to
the connector that the RQDXn expects.  It's the only way to connect such disks
in a BA123 since that chassis is disk interface ignorant.  It's been almost
ten years since I mucked around inside a BA23 so I can't help you there.

--
David Evans          (NeXTMail/MIME OK)             dfevans@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca
PhD Student, Computer/Synth Junkie         http://bbcr.uwaterloo.ca/~dfevans/