Subject: Re: questions, ....Bootable CD image
To: Arno Griffioen <griffioena@psi.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/20/2000 11:08:50
I didn't see the original (perhaps mail problems) but I know that 1.4 (the
released version) had some issues with _booting_ from the UC08 controller,
however 1.4X (built out of the -current tree, now the 1.5 candidate) did
not. I have both a CMD and Emulex controllers and they can both work on
post 1.4.x releases but both had "issues" with stuff in then 1.4.[12] tree.

To be clear, using the disks (or tapes) on either controller works fine, it
was booting NetBSD from a disk attached to the controller that was broken.
There are combinations of booters that work but I started using the stuff
out of the -current area and it worked much better. We the latest booter
(uses the ROM routines) it is better still.

--Chuck