Subject: help, problem with 1.5_ALPHA kernel
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/19/2000 13:33:43
Hello people.
I installed the snapshot 20000620-1.5 on my 4000/60
the problem is that I have a kernel panic nearly everyday.

Programs like sed, sshd, gcc , awk make the machine crash and in the
kernel debugger is traced exactly the poin where it crashes.
Do you suggest me to fall back to older 20000515 snapshot that is 1.4Y ??
is it more stable ??
whic his the most stable NetBSD/VAX I can run on 4000/60 ???
I had installed first the 1.4Y but then I installed the new 1.5_ALPHA
because I ahd problem with the bood block with the 20000515 snapshot boot
block.
Should I come back to 1.4Y ??
I Really need a little bit stability, and it crashes everyday.
I have to admit anyway I Really am doing heaving compilation right now
about 3 or 4 packages compiled at one time.
IT is not a problem of swap. I ahve 200MB of swap.
Some applications evenutally sometimes make the kernel crash.
Anyone happened this thing using snapshot 20000620-1.5 ??
I'd really would find a way to fix this problem...

THANKS to all

Rick