Subject: adding more pkgsrc
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/18/2000 10:44:20
Hello,
I built an application called sniff-1.0 for FreeBSD and it is in the
FreeBSD port collection.
I have rewritten the whole applicatino now using libpcap.
I Wanted to bering thei application avaliable and since lately I Am usin
gNetBSD on VAX and  Ireally like it I Wanted to bring it avaliable for
NetBSD expecially NetBSD/VAX.
I ahve the source code. I only need to do some minor test then I CAn
release sniff-2.0

it is a very good packet sniffer which works very well if your local LAN
is not switched yet :)

so if you are in terested and think my applicatin should be interested
how I ahve to do to put it in the pkgsrc ???

actually it is in /usr/ports/security/sniff ports collection of FreeBSD,
the new one could be a /usr/pkgsrc/security/sniff2 in NetBSD.

I Would be glad to give it to the NetBSD port collection.

THANKS to all

Rick