Subject: reboot after installation, problem
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/15/2000 00:24:06
My dear friends,
this is what very weird happening to me.
4000/60 VAXstation.
The system installation goes very smooth.
I install from CD-ROM the snapshot of 1.4Y

Everything goes very smooth.

At the end of installation I Also jump on the /bin/sh and mount by hand
all the filesystem which is on the disk and everything is mounted and
seen.

When I Reboot the system

boot dka300

the boot disk is a DEC RZ25 SCSI disk

well when I reboot the system from the hard drive
the system tells me

>boot netbsd

and EVERYTHING HANGS, everything stop working and nothing happens...
what could be the reason ???
the installation process was so smooth... I really got stuck and I Was
overwhelmed and upset... everything was working so fine in the
installation.
I hope someone of you can really help me.

BTW during the installation I have never been promped to insert a root
password.

THANKS to all

Rick