Subject: again on 4000/60
To: None <awik@gmx.net>
From: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/10/2000 09:37:02
I could fix the SCSI problem which was the CD-ROM device.
I Attached a 4.5GB scsi disc and it was seen, so no problem on this :)

Now I have some other problem.
I discovered that one of the SIMM RAM sockets has a pin which is damaged.
I did a memory test but it says to me all OK.

But I Also noticed I have 6 sockets and 6 modules, each SIMM module is 8MB
and I cannot explain why the total RAM Amount is 32MB.
I Also noticed it on other 2 VAXstations an other 4000/60 and and 4000/90
I filled the sockets with 8 modules 8MB each and  I got a maximum of 32MB,
is it all normal ??

thanks

Rick