Subject: Re: uVax 3500/3600 DELQA ethernet and ring overruns
To: None <alphagod@penguinpowered.com,port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/08/2000 10:56:06
Its the driver. The version in 1.5 (now in alpha) doesn't have this
issue.  If you have source you can build a version of the kernel with a
modified driver that doesn't print the message. The real fix though is the
"next release" (where release is a variant of 1.5, not 1.4.x)

Also if you want your third disk detected you need to rebuild the kernel
with support for three MSCP disk controllers, the KFQSA has this tendency
to want to appear as several controllers vs one controller and several
disks. As I learn more about DSSI and MSCP the reasons for this become clear.

--Chuck