Subject: Re: VAX 11/780
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Varga Akos Endre <hamster@telnet.hu>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/07/2000 11:27:08
On Fri, 7 Jul 2000, Anders Magnusson wrote:

> > SMD disks sit on the UNIBUS on an SC31 or SC41 controller,
> > the console sees the drives as DUx. Did anyone ever used NetBSD
> > on a not-RD-nor-HSC-based 11/780 or 11/780?
> >
> Well, the SC41 just emulates a UDA50, so except from the fact that
> early SC41 had a bug it should "just work".
>
> Do the TPA have a normal Unibus?

Well, sort of. It's called UNIBUS, and the contacting fingers and slots
have a different layout, but the controller is a plain Emulex with a
converter, or a hungarian Emulex-clone with these different contacts, and
as far as I know, there are no electric differences. (which means that for
example an original DEC-module like the DEUNA or DELUA works too) You
must know that this TPA CPU was a bit-by-bit, module-by-module copy...

# dpkg -c hamster@telnet.hu

drwxr-xr-x root/root         0 Jan 15 09:54 1996 ./
drwxr-xr-x root/root         0 Jan 15 09:54 1996 dev/
drwxr-xr-x root/sys          0 Jan 15 09:54 1996 dev/null/