Subject: VAX emulator for NetBSD?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Timothy Stark <sword7@speakeasy.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 07/06/2000 23:22:20
Hello folks:

Well, I am new to this group because I experienced with VAX systems so well
some time ago during my college time.  I used VAX systems for both VMS and
Ultrix.

Since I have a new VAX emulator called Charon-VAX
(http://www.charon-vax.com), I installed OpenVMS v7.2 successfully... Ok,
how about NetBSD v1.4.2 for Charon-VAX emulator (emulates MicroVAX II)?

However, my copy is Hobbyist Edition that does not support Ethernet and some
functions.  How do I install NetBSD 1.4.2 on it without netboot?

Well, I am developing my own VAX emulator for every operating system include
NetBSD.  I looked into NetBSD sources but noticed that some register specs
are not enough or not completed to develop my own VAX emulator completely.
Only I know Unibus/Massbus (RH11 interface) and their disk and tape drives
specs that were designed for PDP/VAX machines.  I am looking for QBus and
Ethernet specs, etc..

Does anyone have complete VAX hardware specs for operating system
developement include this NetBSD 1.4.2?

Thank you!

-- Tim Stark