Subject: Re: Problems netbooting VS3100
To: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <Meerwaldt@t-online.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/29/2000 20:38:34
Hi!

>     Yeah, that's the S3 switch. Four possibilities come to mind:
> 1.) The boot blocks/boot loader are too old for the kernel or not
> installed properly(not likely)

The Boot-Loader is from the same snapshot as my kernel is (17.05.2000). I
tried it with the 1.4.1 boot-loader (I had some probs with the 17052000
Booter on my MicroVAX II), but that was the same Problem. BTW: 1.4.1
doesn't work either!

> 2.) The kernel doesn't support your machine and/or is hosed
> (corrupted)

I have looked at www.netbsd.org/Ports/vax, and it _seems_ to be supported.
It certainly isn't corrupted, as I boot it successfully on my MicroVAX II,
too.

> 3.) The kernel is too buggy to boot on your machine.

Maybe... Don't know! :-)

> 4.) Your HD has a bad spot on the disk and needs to be reformatted (t
> 70).

Nope. I have installed VMS on this one and a analize/disk/repair says,
that everything is in order.

> Is this a 1.4.2 kernel from kern.tgz that you're trying to boot?

Nope. It's the Snapshot from 17052000.

Thanks,
	Freddy