Subject: Re: VAX8350
To: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko@ntt-f4-104-3.thinktank.org>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/26/2000 10:50:06

> How do you boot an 8350 ??? I looked at the docs and it seems it can only
> boot from RA??, CI, probably tape and RX50. So, if I'm aiming for
> netboot what do I do next ? I would really prefer booting just the machine
> and leaving the RA81s unconnected.

The machine actually _is_ net-bootable, even if the docs don't tell it.
But it is a little bit tricky.

First you must type >>>T

to get a complete reset. Then type B ETx0 where x is the BI node number
of your DEBNA. Then it will try to mop-boot.

I don't know how to find out the ethernet address; run the mop daemon
in debug mode to find out.

There must also be a patch applied to the mop daemon. I will check it
in later today.

-- Ragge