Subject: Re: VAX8350
To: James Lothian <simul8@simul8.demon.co.uk>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/24/2000 16:25:08
  No, the 8350 is a much smaller machine.  I'm sure it does have
airflow sensors in there somewhere, but it's a single-chassis box
that's the same as the original 8200 came in (BA32?)...It's a 10.5"
tall unit that can be taken out of whatever rack it's in and put into
any other 19" rack and plugged into a power strip like the rest of us
do. ;)  Its blowers are powered internally by the same power
cable...it's completely stand-alone.

  That three-phase business, though...I think it's not three-phase,
but just 220V (actually two-phase, two hots and a neutral)...If the
power connector has three blades, it's one of these.  If it's labeled,
it should say "L6-30".

  But again you don't need to use that power distribution unit.  You
can just use the standard 110v power connector on the end of the cable
coming out of the processor chassis itself.

              -Dave McGuire