Subject: Booting 1.4Y issue.
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/22/2000 11:21:11
Hello everyone,

I tried to do an install of 1.4Y on to a 4000/VLC using the cdimage that is
in the snapshot. The install process works fine.

After the installation I tried to reboot using the hard disk and got a
machine check exception. Then it wouldn't find the device. Doing a show dev
indicates that the SCSI bus data in the monitor tables is screwed. Power
cycling resets this data, then I tried the boot again, and wham! same
problem. Its almost as if the boot program on the disk is screwed up. This
was downloaded recently so it isn't an old cdimage or anything.

So my questions are:
	1) Has anyone used the cdimage to install a 4000/VLC successfully?
	2) If I bring up the system from the CD should I just drop a 1.4ZD
kernel/boot on it?

--Chuck