Subject: Re: VAXstation 4000/60
To: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
From: Frederik Meerwaldt <Meerwaldt@t-online.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/17/2000 23:00:55
Hi!

> do you mean I can install from CDROM if I Attach a SCSI CD-ROM DRIVE ??

Easy... Just put together the installation CD with the file-system
structure as you download it from the snapshot side, and then do a mkisofs
-R -J -c boot.catalog -o youimage.iso -v -V NetBSD -b yourimage *
Attention with the yourimage....
This means the path as it is located on the CDrom. So if you mount your
CD-Rom to /cdrom, and so your installation floppy (I only know it from
FreeBSD) is located in /cdrom/floppies/boot.flp you have to enter
floppies/boot.flp.
Then to boot just do a >>> show dev and see which device your CD-Rom is
and do a boot dkxxxx:

HTH,
	Freddy