Subject: Re: MicroVAX/VAXserver 3300
To: None <kryogenix@crosswinds.net>
From: Wolfgang Rupp <rupp@chello.at>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/2000 23:07:40
Kevin Ogden wrote:
> How far along is DSSI support for NetBSD/vax?
I have no idea.

> If DSSI is a long way away is there anywhere I can get a copy of ULTRIX
> I tried talking to Compaq (retards) but they must have thought I was on crack
> for wanting a copy of VAX Ultrix
 :-)
Well, if you really want to try Ulrix, I've got what looks like a fairly
complete set of Ultrix 4.4 CDs (1994) for both MIPS and VAX with my
DECsystem 5500. Alltogether maybe a dozen CDs. If you want to copy the
media, contact me by private email, BUT:

Beware that even if I let you copy the media, you don't have a license to
run the software. And I never bothered to check how to get one. My VAXen
run NetBSD and VMS, and the DECsystem waits for general NetBSD support.

BTW, what was left of the Ultrix Grey Wall is _excellent_ reading.
They put stuff in it that would be unthinkable in today's manuals.

Wolfgang