Subject: Re: VAXstation 4000/60
To: None <nbsd@righi.dhs.org>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/2000 16:45:11
On 15 Jun, nbsd@righi.dhs.org wrote:

> do you mean I can install from CDROM if I Attach a SCSI CD-ROM DRIVE ??
Yes.

> I Read some FAQ on hte netbootin but I am quite confused.
It is not that complicated. First get mopd running. Then the VAX can
load the booter via mop. The booter does DHCP/BOOTP, the rest is NFS.

> the MOP daemon won;t install on my Solaris from which I planned to netboot
> the installation....
The mopd is quite hard to get compiled, because it does some very low
level networking. (As I know.) There are versions for *BSD and Linux. It
is possible that it is not that easy to get it compiled under Solaris.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen