Subject: MicroVAX/VAXserver 3300
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Ogden <kryogenix@crosswinds.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/15/2000 08:40:06
I just got a VAXserver 3300 on ebay which I'm pretty sure is a MicroVAX 3300
with a different label.  I just have a couple questions....

How far along is DSSI support for NetBSD/vax?

Is there anyplace where I can get a supported disk controller without paying
as much as I would for a new ferrari?

If DSSI is a long way away is there anywhere I can get a copy of ULTRIX or some
other form of UNIX to run in the meantime?

I tried talking to Compaq (retards) but they must have thought I was on crack
for wanting a copy of VAX Ultrix and they said the only version of Ultrix they'll
still sell is Ultrix/mips after 20 minutes of being put on hold and dealing
with people going "you want what?  Ultrix, WHY?".  I'd like to run UNIX vs VMS
if possible.  VMS is kinda cool but I'm not extremely familiar with it.

Thanks,
Kevin