Subject: CMD CQD-220 (was: Ring Overrun errors. Why?)
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/11/2000 20:54:31
"emanuel stiebler" <emu@ecubics.com> writes:

> "qe0: xmit logic died, resetting ..."

I get those, too, when I try to use -current on my KA650, which has a
DEQNA interface.  I don't do that too much, though, since -current
lately isn't stable on the KA650.  I'm running a version from back in
February, which is completely stable, but attempts to upgrade over the
last couple of months have all failed.  Upgrading from a sporadic
sequence of source updates sometimes gives unbootable kernels, and
sometimes bootable ones that will crash under load.  I _think_ it has
to do with my MSCP SCSI interface, a CMD CQD-220.  I have to use an
old /boot with it, as well, because the current one can't boot from
it.  This is _really_ weird, as I'm certain that the implementation of
MSCP in /boot is still the same as it was back when it worked.  I hope
to find time to study this before too long.  Meanwhile, is there
anyone out there who has a CQD-220 actually working with -current?

-tih
--
Human speech is like a cracked tin kettle, on which we hammer out tunes
to make bears dance when we long to move the stars.  --Gustave Flaubert