Subject: Re: heads up : build requires a new 'make'
To: None <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/10/2000 17:41:35
>Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 02:38:29 -0700
>From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
>
>Just did a cvs update and tried to build. Lots of bombs! Seems make has
>been hacked to do some more magik and the build was changed to depend on
>it. Sigh, nobody ever learns.

Perhaps because you keep complaining about this on port-vax.  I can't
say I agree with your philosophy that the build tools should never
change before a release cycle has been completed, but you might get
more satisfaction if you discussed your concerns in a forum where it
might be noticed by people with the ability to change those
practices.  I would think that current-users and/or tech-userlevel
might be more appropriate.