Subject: New interrupt counters
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 06/05/2000 15:00:39
I've just switched the Alpha port to the new interrupt counter
mechanism.  The new counters are much more informative, and look
a little something like this:

matt@cougar> vmstat -i
interrupt                           total     rate
le0 intr                            57464        0
dz0 rintr                              76        0
dz0 tintr                            3019        0
asc0 intr                             127        0
soft net                            32470        0
soft clock                           2719        0
clock intr                        6726461      100
Total                             6822336      101

I'll now be building a 1.4ZA snapshot which will include these changes.
If you update on your own, please report any problems you might have
by sending a bug report with send-pr(1).

This should have little overhead as the counting is done in the assembler
written interrupt dispatching code.  It adds 2 or 4 instructions per
interrupt.

Enjoy.

[mmm.  plagarism.]