Subject: Re: Thoughts on snapshot cd image......
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/25/2000 16:06:20
> Note this is just I needed to build for someone else.  I thought of
> including more but I just wanted a cut image.  But this is just a stepping
> stone.  The goal for me is that when the real 1.5-release CD comes out, one
> of the architectures it will be bootable on will be VAX.  There's still a
> bit of work to be done to get that done.

OK.  My thoughts were to keep it a single architecture per cd for simplicity.

> >common denominator matched source/binary set all in one place, would
> >be a nice feature.
>
> That would be nice.  But for that, I'd probably include a couple more
> architectures (alpha, arm32, i386, macppc, pmax, sparc, and vax) and
> make a more complete CD image including a full anoncvs snapshot of
> src, pkgsrc, and xsrc.

Great!  If several architectures were bootable from the same image,
without any particular problems, even better.  My cadre of machines
could make use of the alpha, i386, pmax, sparc, and vax, but even
if it were just a single architecture image that would be fine.
Burning one vs 2 or 3 cds is not much problem.  Just do whatever
works best for you, and we will all be happy.

> Not really, but I'd just rather do a more complete job of it since I
> deal with more than VAXen.

Great!

Thanks

Bob