Subject: Re: ze0: xmit logic died, resetting...
To: Chuck McManis <>
From: Marc Schneiders <>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/16/2000 00:53:34
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Chuck McManis wrote:

> This may be obvious, but what is your network plugged into?
> If you've got it plugged into a hub and the chip is trying to run full
> duplex you might get some serious problems. Are you using 10BT? If so what
> does the tranciever have set? Heartbeat? SQE? Test?

My network is BNC, 10Mbit. Connection to the vax through the BNC
connector (not AUI, no transceiver). I have it like this from the
beginning (well two weeks). And I am sure now there were not so many
xmit's before. Absolutely. I get them now so fast that I cannot do a
make depend for a GENERIC kernel...

I did a make install in /sys/arch/vax/boot though earlier
today... (Attempt to try to make hard disk bootable. No luck.)
The boot.mop did not work, so I put the old one back. The rest of the
stuff maybe? No. Or?

Marc Schneiders --- ---