Subject: Re: (Micro)VAX 4000/200 bootblocks
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Jon Lindgren <jlindgren@espus.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/08/2000 15:18:45
On Mon, 8 May 2000, Chuck McManis wrote:

[snip]

> As you can tell, the 4000/200 isn't yet actually supported by NetBSD,
> instead it is still being worked on (at least by Michael). Given the
> MSCP controller you only need a valid boot block. If you were trying to
> use the on board DSSI controller that would be more of a challenge ;-)
>
> It is a nice VAX though and a good machine to run VMS on as well.

The stuff Michael worked on works _excellently_ for my 4000/200s.  I've
brought the system up multiuser, recompiled a kernel (via NFS), and will
test installing to/booting from a drive on a CMD SCSI controller real soon
now (tm).  The internal SGEC works great, as does the DELQA that I slotted
into the machine.

About the only thing which is flakey is the tk50, but I'm not sure if
that's a general problem or a "it's time to clean the tape drive" problem
;-)

-Jon
 "There is no fourth tower of Inverness!!!" -Meatball Fulton