Subject: Re: qe0: interesting behaviour..
To: Arno Griffioen <griffioena@psi.com>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-vax
Date: 05/01/2000 15:57:10

> Interesting!
>
> I tried it a few times and it always seems to do this. When a destination
> machine is UP: no problem, but when a machine is DOWN then I get the
> xmit logic error..
>
> I haven't dug into the code yet, but I though I'd just ask the 'collective'
> here to see if anyone has a (possible) explanation..

Well, this is a known problem of the DEQNA. If the receive logic gets too
little to do, the transmit logic will die sometimes.
Paul Vixie posted a small program called deqnad a couple of years ago,
that followed old versions of Ultrix and that was supposed to keep
the on-board logic busy enough to not die.
I may some day put support for this in the driver. Please feel free to
give me hints :-)

-- Ragge