Subject: make build error
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Redding <mark@newpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/27/2000 23:34:12
Hi,

I'm trying to build -current on a VS4000/VLC and get the following error during "make build".

ld: /usr/src/build/usr/lib: read_file_symbols(header): premature EOF
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

This occurred first when the makefile ran the first entry in the "bin" directory.
I've subsequently manually entered other bin and usr.bin directories and tried manually make'ing other programs (I tried top & cp) and each compile without errors but produce the same error on linking.

Any ideas ?

P.S. my DESTDIR=/usr/src/build and I have UPDATE=yes set.

Mark Redding
-= a crash reduces you expensive computer to a simple stone =-

FREE, full featured e-mail address and service for LIFE!
your_name@newpower.org -> Get it NOW at http://www.newpower.org/mail

Do You Take Nutritional Supplements? Are you concerned about quality? What
if you can get true wholesale prices? Check out our FREE REPORT..."The 7
Sneakiest Secrets Nutrition Companies Hope You Never, Ever Find Out
About". Go to... GetSmart Vitamins.com
http://www.clk4.com/cgi-bin/conv.pl?4711