Subject: Re: power connector on RFxx drives?
To: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/26/2000 07:12:33
Hi !

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Douglas Meade wrote:
> I just checked the wiring harness in my BA213 with DSSI drives.  The
> first 4 cables are the same as those in the 4-pin connector.  The 5th
> cable on each is the little blue cable you mentioned, which join
> together in a little plug resembling those used on some CMOS batteries,
> which attaches to the DSSI operator control panel.  I don't know
> exactly what the function of that plug is.

Hmm. Ok, i'll try to check this pin out this evening. Maybe it really is power
from a backup battery, the drive knows very much about itself, i found values
like power-cycles, power-on-hours and lots of other nice values. It's a whole
computer, not that tiny like SCSI :-) I'll try to find it out, results tonite.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de