Subject: autoboot [was RE: VS4000]
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Redding <mark@newpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/24/2000 16:07:25
Guys,

I posted earlier regarding my VS4000 and it's disk (an RZ23L). Okay this now works just fine, I've labelled the disk, installed a boot loader and installed the required .tgz files onto it.
However, when I try to boot from the disk (B DKA300, rather than B ESA0) I am prompted with :-

-DKA300
>> NetBSD/vax boot [Mar  7 2000 04:32:44] <<
>> Press any key to abort autoboot 5

But the timer does not count down so the machine never boots.
When I boot from the network I also get the same message, the difference here is that when I press any key it actually starts the netbooting process off. Pressing any key when trying to boot from the disk does as it says it will and aborts the boot leaving me at the '>' prompt.

Suggestions to get my system to boot from disk ?

Mark Redding
-= a crash reduces you expensive computer to a simple stone =-

FREE, full featured e-mail address and service for LIFE!
your_name@newpower.org -> Get it NOW at http://www.newpower.org/mail