Subject: Re: VS4000
To: Mark Redding <mark@newpower.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/23/2000 17:45:04
At 05:24 PM 4/23/00 -0700, Mark Redding wrote:
>My question is this. I've finally got a kernel that recognises my SCSI
>adapter and drive (according to dmesg anyway), but i get a "device not
>configured" message when I try to use disklabel the device. Anyone got any
>ideas what this could be. (P.S. I've issued a MAKEDEV many times, sone for
>all and others for sd).

We are going to either have to change this back to the "old" behaviour (my
preferred approach) or put a giant FAQ note out about it.

I'm 99% sure your problem is that when you disklabelled your disk, you
didn't specify that the partitions were type "4.2BSD". Go back with
disklabel -i and change them and I bet you will be able to newfs all your
disks.

BTW, I hadn't realized that the cache on the VLC was supported. Is this in
1.4X ?
--Chuck