Subject: man page cleanup
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/23/2000 12:35:58
As I was adding the man page for VS4000 SCSI Adapter, I noticed that the
man pages for NetBSD/vax are fairly old and outdated.  Mostly they are an
import of the BSD 4.4 man pages.

But NetBSD/vax has grown significantly since BSD 4.4 and little or none
of those changes have man pages associated with them.

The intro.4 in man4.vax barely include MicroVAXes and doesn't deal with
beyond the VAXstation 2000.  This file needs to heavily reworked.

Also, if the VS3100 scsi controller was renamed from ncr (where is conflicts
with the existing NCR53C8xx driver) to si, the MI si.4 could be amended to
include its documentation.

So those of you who use the vax port but aren't able to contribute code might
want to consider working on the man pages instead.  Any improvement can be
submitted as a problem report.

Just my 2 cents....