Subject: Re: Where are the 1.4V sources used to compile the snapshot?
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/21/2000 16:22:48
> > So I can keep a record copy of a matching set of binaries and sources,
> > can anyone point me to the 1.4V sources that were used to compile the
> > 1.4V VAX snapshot?
> It is in the CVS repository. ;-)
> Read http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/current/#using-anoncvs
> and checkout 1.4V

I understand that, but I don't have a machine on the net that I can
use for this..... yet.

I just brought in an SS1 sparc, and this has convinced me to nukems
OpenBSD and bring up NetBSD on it and catch up on my sources that way.
It will take a day or two to get it rolling, but, maybe by monday,
I will have it purring.

I nukems OBSD26 to install NetBSD-1.4.2 and it dies with a kernel
panic when it tries to write the disklabel to the third drive id
(sd0).  It is a 2.5 gig Fujitsu.  Is there something I need to
do differently on an SS1 compared to an IPX to get around the
kernel panic and dump on disklabelling?

Thanks

Bob