Subject: Re: Name the VAX!
To: Eric Smith <eric@brouhaha.com>
From: Akos Varga <hamster@telnet.hu>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/21/2000 21:39:58
> Sounds like an 11/782 that's been upgraded to 785 CPUs; I've heard those
> called 11/787, but I don't know that there was ever an official designation.

Nonono, thes are two (upgraded) 11/782's sharing memory :) It looks
like this:

 first asymmetric                     second asymmetric
 multiprocessor VAX                   multiprocessor VAX

 11/785       11/785                  11/785      11/785
 master <-->  slave                   slave  <--> master
                            box

Btw it runs a patched version of VMS 4.x , and I was just curious
if someone ever encountered a machine like this :) This beast was
certainly built without any DEC SSG intervention :)

 /__//__///_///__   /  /_   /  )  Varga Akos Endre   hamster@telnet.hu
/  //  //   /___/  /  /__  /  (    www.telnet.hu/hamster/english.html
 PDP11/VAX "clones"      http://www.telnet.hu/hamster/tpa/e_index.html