Subject: VS4000/60 Update
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/20/2000 22:51:42
So I updated to the latest -current sources via CVS, built the world
(netbooted), then applied the resultant boot and xxboot files to my
vs4000/60, and BAM the rom(0,0,0)netbsd boot trick suddenly works!
WooHoo! I've finally gotten my fastest vax to boot by itself!

I'm exstatic. However, there are two pitfalls - the countdown still
doesn't advance (big deal, wouldn't boot anyway, must specify rom()),
and it boots into single-user mode. If I 'exit' the shell, it then goes
on to do multi-user just fine. rc.conf is configured.

Probably something simple, right?

Well, I'm rebuilding the world onto the drives themselves right now, so
I'll see how it's acting when that's done.

Many Many Many thanks to all those who have helped bring my vs4000/60 to
life!
--
 -J. Buck Caldwell