Subject: Re: Where are the ports gone ?
To: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/19/2000 17:15:47
Hi !

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Anders Magnusson wrote:
> > Hmm, i just thought, at least the KA670 is in the tree since 1.4.1. It is
> > officially supported on Ports/vax. Ok, let's hope for 1.5 :-) -current was
> > not really compilable the last 5-10 downloads. At least the tarballs are
> > unusable. I should set up anonCVS some day...
> >
> Hmmm, KA670 == 4000/300. If you look again it is stated (NEW) that means
> support is only in -current...

Ah, this makes it a bit clearer. Maybe i've overseen the little text saying
such, or i didn't visit Ports/vax too long and forgot such things :-)

> Anyway, I downloaded the source tarballs yesterday and started a
> "make build" on a 4000/60 with Matt Thomas' new SCSI support. It will be
> interesting to see how long time it takes and if it breaks somewhere.

Yes, i should get some kernel compiled and check it out on the 4000/90, this
might be _REAL_ fun.
BTW: pmaxes aren't much faster than VAXen. A kernel build including make depend
takes about 3 hours on KA43 and KA670, and it took a bit over 2 hours on a
DECstation 5000/240. And RAIDframe is really nice :-)

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de