Subject: Re: netboot vax
To: emanuel stiebler <emu@ecubics.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/18/2000 18:37:49
Hi !

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, emanuel stiebler wrote:
> > There shouldn't exist a tty called .nfsA001a4.4. Start with fixing your
> > /dev directory. Easiest dont by changing to that directory and do
> > "./MAKEDEV all"
>
> Tried that already. Deleted everything in /dev (rm -fr [a-z]* ; rm -fr .*)
> Then tried a ./MAKDEV all
>
> but didn't work.
>
> Magically it worked to to a  "mv .nfsA001a4.4 console"
>
> No idea what is happening there ;-)

I also don't know, but i saw this problem a similar way. You have to do that
./MAKEDEV all on your NFS-server, otherwise it seems to make trouble. The
mounted drives seem to scramble something in making devnodes.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de
 Visit the german VAXpage: http://www.vaxpower.de