Subject: Re: VS4000 SCSI
To: None <matt@3am-software.com>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/17/2000 23:16:01
On 15 Apr, Matt Thomas wrote:

> Last week, I integrated a change so the VS4000 SCSI write timeouts
> should never happen. I been able to newfs a disk and make distribution
> onto it with no problems.
That is realy nice. I applied the patch for the asc driver that was
going through the list some time ago. The machine worked well with it
and it is much faster than my VS3100m76.
So I want to do a "make build" but I can not go through the compile of
(customized) kernel. There is some unfinished work around the rl device
/ faild dependencys / .... ? ... This state lasts for a week or so now.

If I remove the statements regarding to "rl" I can compile a kernel, but
this kernel fails to boot:
boot device: le0
root device (default le0): sd0
dump device (default sd0b):