Subject: Re: Formatting software tape image, anyone?
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: John Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/13/2000 23:12:40
> This system sold new for $50,000. $500 is 1 cent on the dollar. Therefore
> you are getting a *much* better deal than the person who bought it new.
> Further anyone who has a MicroVAX II will sell it for $500 or they are
> completely stupid.

I "bought" my VaxStation II GPX for $900 in 1993!  Now when you see the size
of the monitor, and that BA123 case plus DEC VAXlen VMS manuals tapes
etc....  That $900 was just for shipping!

In '93 these machines were where the top end VAX of the '90s are now.  Still
viable but paled in comparison to the awsome processing power available at
the time.

Like everyone else has said, it all depends on what the value of a uVAXII is
to you.  .9 VUP and a memory limit of 16Megs isn't a whole lot.  Even back
in '94, the DECUS group would just grin when I mentioned my uVAXII....

However, it LOOKS, impressive and can keep a small basement a nice even
temperature during the winter.

jam