Subject: Formatting software tape image, anyone?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Erno Palonheimo <esp@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/13/2000 18:45:39
Greetings,

I've understood that if you want to format MSCP disks on a MicroVAX II,
you have to use some DEC-supplied utility to do that. If I'm correct, the
utility is on a TK50 cartridge, from which you're supposed to boot to the
diagnostics utility which also includes formatter. Does anyone by chance
have this formatter utility around? Does the copyright prevent someone
from dumping the tape contents to an image file which I could 'dd' to a
TK50 cartridge? If it doesn't, could the tape image be put somewhere so I
could download it? Even emailing could be an option.

--
 Erno Palonheimo - Helsinki University of Technology - + 358 50 560 4765