Subject: Re: SCSI tape
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/06/2000 08:26:43
On Wed, 5 Apr 2000, Chuck McManis wrote:
> At 03:32 PM 4/5/00 -0400, you wrote:

> >However, everytime I try to make a tape archive to TK50Z, I get
> >SCSI sense errors, and the process eventually gives up.
>
> I believe you have a TK50Z-FA rather than a TK50Z-GA. The former only
> works by itself on the SCSI bus with a VS2000 (IIRC) and the latter
> works on later SCSI busses shared with drives. The TZ30 is even better
> in this regard.

Except he mentioned in his original message that he was able to
successfully create a backup set under VMS using the same drive.  This
would indicate that it's most likely a problem with the NetBSD kernel.

Has the drive ever run properly under NetBSD/vax, and if so under which
version of the kernel did it work?

-brian.
--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
          Prophets are superior to you and me, but not to the
          Six Million Dollar Man. Unless they're bionic too.  -- K.