Subject: vn drives incompatible with 1.4.x ?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/2000 14:41:57
I'm confused. I was trying to verify the veracity of the boot.fs file on
ftp.netbsd.org by mounting it on my local vax and looking inside of it,
unfortunately if I try to do so I get an error from vnconfig

evax# vnconfig /dev/vnd0c boot.fs
vnconfig: /dev/vnd0c: VNDIOCSET: Invalid argument
evax#

Very weird yes? The file command knows what it is however:

evax# file boot.fs
boot.fs: Unix Fast File system, last mounted on /mnt, last checkd at Wed
Dec 31 16:00:00 1969, last writen at Fri Mar 17 01:30:03 2000, number of
blocks 2000, number of data blocks 1935, number of cylinder groups 1,
number of basic blocks 4096, number of fragment blocks 512, minimum
percentage of free blocks 8, rotational delay 0ms, disk rotational speed
0rps, SPACE optimization
evax#

Should I send-pr vnconfig ? Was boot.fs corrupted somehow? How can I verify it?

--Chuck