Subject: VS3100/30 up and running, but..
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: ville hautakangas <vhautaka@cs.Helsinki.FI>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/2000 02:23:41
Well. Now it seems I have a running system. Currently, I have to set
manually the ethernet, the swap partition and most everything, and
the root device must be specified during boot, but all this is oh so
much better than netbooting :)

The system is version 1.4.2 I downloaded a couple of days ago.

I'm not quite sure if I got the disklabel right, but at this point
it doesn't make difference - I'll just reinstall if necessary.

The little VAX seems sort of demonic when the green LED in the HD
flashes through the ventilation gaps on the right side and the empty
FDD holes in the front panel :)

I think I'll next try to build a new kernel, so's I can let it boot
by itself without specifying root and probably get the hard disk
faster (now it feels slower than NFS).

- hautis