Subject: RE: Somebody wants to spam us ?
To: Andy Sporner <andy.sporner@networkengines.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@camaronet.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/01/2000 21:53:12
Hi !

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Andy Sporner wrote:
> I wondered where was coming from.  I have gotten about 5 of them
> now in the last evening starting at 3:32.

It's the same as www.cosmic.com, the real name is magrathea.cosmic.com
According to this:

[216.41.40.61]
Login: root                             Name: The Lord of the Flies
Directory: /root                        Shell: /bin/bash
Office: Hell, 666-666-6666              Home Phone: 666-666-1313
Never logged in.
No mail.
No Plan.

It might be a linux installation (because of /bin/bash). Strange is the
"never logged in". Maybe this machine has been hacked, and someone very
different wants to abuse it now ? Very strange... Maybe, it's just a weird
inn-setup or so. Don't know it it doesn't stop, i think i'll mail to
root@www.cosmic.com, this should reach someone.

...Michael

--
 Michael@camaronet.de, Rottweil/Germany, http://www.camaronet.de